Friday, November 21, 2008

sweet finds

A couple of years ago, my friend Cosy taught me how to recycle the wool from old sweaters and use it for knitting. As soon as I learned this handy-dandy trick, I couldn't stop going to thrift stores and saving the many six-dollar, wool sweaters from their hideous, 80's-style bondage - only to re-form them into something new and exciting. Over the past couple of years, I've scored some gorgeous undyed wool (that would cost about $75 if I bought it new) and some crazy-soft merino wool and lambswool.

But every now and then, I have to pass up the beautiful wool, because the sweater is too beautiful as is - sometimes even handmade. Last night, I found 2 amazing, hand-knit sweaters and decided to keep them for myself. (It's not easy to be the photographer AND model of the sweater...)





After buying the sweaters last night, I suddently wanted to go on a hayride or winter camping or move to the Irish countryside and raise my own sheep - all because of these sweaters. I love it!

2 comments:

Carrie Bevell Partridge said...

Cool. Let's have a Bevell family hayride in December. :)

cosymakes said...

awesome!!
hurray for laurie! and indie craft fairs rock. you'll have to let me know how you do.